Monday, November 17, 2008

IT 5130: Week 13 Tools


Thsrs
http://www.ironicsans.com/thsrs/

Thsrs seems like a pretty good idea. You input a long word and Thsrs spits out a shorter synonym…sometimes. It is, after all, a beta version with some bugs.

Thsrs is supposed to be aimed at those who use a microblogging service like Twitter, which limits the amount of text you can input.

I suppose this will be helpful for some. I’m of the old school…I like to actually spell out what I’m saying, long words and all.


Wordle
http://www.wordle.net/

Okay…this is a tool to generate word clouds or tag clouds. Well, I’ve never understood them. I’ve looked them up on Wikipedia and I *still* don’t understand them. I won’t be using this tool.


ToonDoo
http://www.toondoo.com/

If you don’t have the talent to draw, ToonDoo allows you to create comics as a way to express your message. It seems simple enough. ToonDoo lets you drag-and-drop or click to create comic strips.

I was able to create a little cartoon relatively easily. However, I’m not sure how difficult it might be to create a cartoon for educational purposes. I couldn’t tell if you could have more than a three panel “toon”.


Anyway, here's my cartoon: http://www.toondoo.com/View.toon?param=448469

No comments: